Home » Posts tagged 'Traveller'
Tag Archives: Traveller
Jo Chandler’s weekend away and her trip down memory lane
April 21, 2012 7:39 AM / 3 Comments on Jo Chandler’s weekend away and her trip down memory lane
One of the staples of the travel section of any paper has to be the accommodation review which is often little more than an advetrorial and often given in exchange for a freebee offered to the author of the puff piece which is why I found the disclaimer at the end of Jo Chandler’s latest piece so amusing:
All weekends away are conducted anonymously and paid for by Traveller.
The thought that came to mind for me was just how could Chandler, a well known journalist and author, meet the requirements of this disclaimer? Did she book the weekend under an assumed name? What she would think up as her “secret identity”? Did she disguise her appearance with a wig and dark glasses? Maybe she took inspiration from a long dead author of depressive poetry and straightened her hair. Just how did she make herself “anonymous” enough to meet the requirements of the article’s disclaimer?
Then again maybe it was just a nudge nudge wink wink arrangement with the owner of the cottage that meant that no questions or lies were exchanged …
- Jo Chandler – “Gunboat diplomacy stirs hornet’s nest under blogs” or a storm in a teacup
- Jo Chandler, the Catholic Church, paedophile priests and the suicide of the mentally ill
- Jo Chandler : “Melting moments put ice sheets in a new light” Hmm I think not
- The shareholder that they love to hate
- BIG NEWS !!!! – Barry Hall decides not to do something
- Take A Stroll Down Memory Lane with the “Michael Jackson Was My Lover” Photo Album
- Julia Gillard, “plausible deniability” and the veracity of the nudge and the wink