Home » Posts tagged 'leathal injection'
Tag Archives: leathal injection
“Today the convening authority for military commissions received sworn charges against six individuals alleged to be responsible for the planning and execution of the attacks on the United States of America which occurred on September 11, 2001,” said Brigadier-General Thomas Hartmann a legal adviser to the convening authority, Judge Susan Crawford.
“These charges allege a long-term, highly sophisticated, organised plan by al-Qaeda to attack the United States of America,” said Brigadier-General Hartmann.
He said prosecutors requested the six be tried jointly by special military commission and that the charges be referred as a capital case.
If Judge Crawford approves the request, the death penalty could be imposed in the case of convictions.
The charges against them are conspiracy, murder in violation of the laws of war, attacking civilians, attacking civilian objects, intentionally causing serious bodily injury, destruction of property, terrorism, and material support for terrorism.
Four were charged with hijacking or hazarding an aircraft.
Hartmann identified the accused as:
– Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind who allegedly proposed the operational concept to al-Qaeda leader Osama bin laden in 1996 and went on to oversee the entire operations;
– Walid bin Attash, who is alleged to have run training camp in Logar, Afghanistan, where two of the hijackers were trained, and who allegedly travelled to Malaysia in 1999 to scout out airport security by US air carriers.
– Ramzi bin al-Shibh, a member of the Hamburg cell who was supposed to be September 11 hijacker but failed to get a US visa and instead became a facilitator who found flight schools for the hijackers and handled money for the operation.
– Ali Abd al-Aziz Ali, a nephew of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed who allegedly provided $US127,000 ($A140,000) for the plot and facilitated travel to the US of nine hijackers;
– Mustafa Ahmed al-Hawsawi, an assistant to Al-Aziz Ali, who allegedly provided the hijackers money, western clothes, travellers checks, and credit cards;
– Mohammmed al-Qahtani, the alleged 20th hijacker who was denied entry to the US on August 4, 2001, at Orlando, Florida.
Of course these men should face capital charges the many thousands of deaths that they help facilitate demand the ultimate penalty but I am just waiting for the usual whine from the Uber-left that these men have been detained unlawfully at Guantanino bay ect ect, just like Hicksy was. When these men get the green dream, their much deserved lethal injections there will be a very collective sigh of relief that there is both a few less evil men drawing breath in the world and that Justice will have been served.
Cue: SM & Craigy