Home » Posts tagged 'Chief Inspector'
Tag Archives: Chief Inspector
Hmm pardon my cynicism but I can’t help but think that this is just another attempt by Gillard to distract media attention from the poor performance of her government, after all what could be more fine and noble that to chase after kiddie fiddlers? Strangely enough though there is no mention of the rampant sexual abuse that has been revealed in far to many remote indigenous communities or the way that our friends from the left want to look the other way on that…
I seem to recall someone of significance opining that no politician should have an royal commission unless they know precisely where it will go to and what it will achieve. Gillard may well have climbed onto the tiger here in an effort to distract attention from her own dodgy past at Slater and Gordon but who is surprised that she makes this desperate move?
This exercise will be expensive, but I have my doubts about its efficacy and as I said in my previous post it will be a great boon for the legal profession and the victims of abuse are less than likely to end up feeling that much better about their exploitation and subsequent angst.
Its a circus and it will cost an awful lot of bread, but bread and circuses have a long and less than honourable history at entertaining the masses.
with a very big sigh Comrades
- Gillard acts on sex abuse claims (smh.com.au)
- Child sex abuse inquiry (smh.com.au)
- Gillard launches royal commission into child abuse (abc.net.au)
- PM calls abuse inquiry (theage.com.au)
- Australia: Royal Commission to probe sexual abuse of children by clergy (examiner.com)
- Clerical Sexual Abuse: The Crisis Is Exploding in Australia (queeringthechurch.com)
- PM announces child abuse royal commission (news.theage.com.au)
- Coalition would support abuse inquiry (bigpondnews.com)
- Lawyers contradict PM’s claim (smh.com.au)
- Julia Gillard launches Royal Commission into child sex abuse (telegraph.co.uk)