Home » Posts tagged 'Activism'
Tag Archives: Activism
For those poor followers of the Green religion who still think that the carbon tax and or an ETS is a valid way to approach the “problem” of climate change I offer this snippet from Bjørn Lomborg:
Isn’t this a timely reminder why the Abbott government is so right to abolish the monstrosity that is the Labor/Greens “clean energy ” regime?
- The ‘Sceptical Environmentalist’ says Direct Action no better than carbon tax (abc.net.au)
- Is Bjorn Lomborg right to say fossil fuels are what poor countries need? | Graham Readfearn (theguardian.com)
- Bjørn Lomborg: ‘Typhoon Haiyan Not About Climate Change’ (nationalreview.com)
- Bjorn Yesterday: NY Times Runs Op-Ed Asserting Poor People Need More Carbon Pollution (thinkprogress.org)
- Abbott introduces carbon repeal bill (skynews.com.au)
The Age is usually such a rabid AGW advocate but maybe this is the start of a new more balanced approach to the issue of climate change. Maybe its just a the removal of the execrable Jo Chandler from their staff that has seen them mellow, most likely its just a reflection of the fact that the interregnum between Christmas and new year is a time when regular writers are away on leave and the need for copy to fill the paper allows them to cast a wider net than usual. No matter what the reasons for its publication I found the piece by John Spooner most refreshing and worthy of praise:
I hope that the real reason that this piece has got such a prominent place in today’s Age is that the minions at Fairfax are finally realising that they have hitched their faith to a false religion and that its apparently golden idols are nothing but tat and cheap wax, that the cold hard light of truth is turning them into the misshapen formless blobs that we sceptics always thought that they were.
- Sceptics cool on climate studies (smh.com.au)
- George Monbiot, millenarian prophecy and his desire to see western society back into an “energy dark age” (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- The choices of Andrew Bolt: “Worry about the climate? I’d rather have an orgy!” (watchingthedeniers.wordpress.com)
- Climate change conforming to UN predictions: scientists (abc.net.au)
A nice account of James Dellingpole’s book launch in Perth from my good friend Matt Hayden:
Matt offers some interesting observations about the changing demographics of Climate change sceptics but I can’t help wondering what our favourite decaf soy latte drinker would have thought of the whole thing.
CO2 not only heats up the planet but it also makes you fat!!!!, well according to the men in white coats it does!
You have got to just love the way that just about everything can be co-opted to the Warminista faith as proof that “climate change is real” But this example is one of the more loopy ones out there.
Like so many aspects of the Warminista liturgy this argument takes a simple coincidence and elevates it far beyond credible logic or reasoned argument, Is it any wonder that we can see the arse of the Goddess under those new “Green” threads?
As Europe freezes with its most severe winter in decades you can’t be surprised that the global warming millinerain panic merchants may well be scrambling to explain just how these events can be fitted into their climate narrative:
Are they really making any ground on the “warming bad” and “cooling good” argument?
Hmm I don’t think that the freezing and homeless poor would agree at all.
Oh and check out what James Dellingpole has to say the Warministas it here