Home » wankers
Category Archives: wankers
In December, American actor Jussie Smollett was found guilty by a jury of falsely reporting a hate crime against himself.
He claimed two racist Trump supporters wearing MAGA hats beat him up. It turned out he had paid two Nigerian brothers to stage the whole thing so that he could pretend to be a victim of a racist and homophobic hate crime.
Earlier this month, Smollett was sentenced to 150 days in Cook County jail, and 30 months of felony probation, as well as restitution of $120,106 and a $25,000 fine.
In Australia, a convicted person must ordinarily demonstrate exceptional circumstances in order to get appeal bail. The position appears to be different in America.
if there is one thing that Queensland seems to do in spades its produce populist political nutters with god complexes after the rise and fall and massive ego of of Pauline Hanson we now have Clive Palmer. Who now thinks that he will be able to ride the coat tails of his own propaganda machine into some sort of real power in the state government here.
I’ll give him credit for having lots of front but the test of his eponymous party will be when its senators take up their seats. Some how I think that we will see a re run of the “one nation show” where a cohort of non politicians got into office only to find that their leader and inspiration was a totally delusional player who believed her own propaganda. Palmer makes Hanson look like a political genius by comparison. Worse yet he has the dosh to play the game in a way that Hanson and One nation could only dream of.
In another place I was asked about what we conservatives find funny, given the fact that the majority of comedians and other “creative” types tend to be left wing. Well Palmer makes me chuckle every time he is mentioned. Its not just his posturing and tendency to the outlandish (like dinosaurs on his golf course and the Titanic 11)but its also his childlike grudges and essentially acting like a spoilt brat when he can’t get what he wants. Newman stymied his development ambitions so now Palmer wants to take over the state government…
Only in Queensland Comrades
Victorian lefty Jeremy Sear has his own election rant, with an unpersuasive and long-winded post attacking the Coalition and advocating a vote for the Greens.
Firstly, Jeremy mocks the Coalition’s claims of waste, even though Labor has blown billions on pink batts, overpriced school halls, massive subsidies to the highly unionised car industry, overpriced set top boxes, carbon tax compensation, a larger public service, the climate change department, green schemes, foreign aid directed at getting us on the security council, and so on.
Then Jeremy claims that the Coalition’s waste argument is discredited because their costings reveal only a modest improvement in the bottom line. So there! If there really was billions of waste, the Coalition would surely have brought in greater savings, right?
There are a few reasons why Jeremy’s argument is plain silly:
1) The Coalition’s reductions in government outlays are modest because they do not want Labor to mount an effective scare campaign. Anyone following the campaign will have noticed Kevin Rudd and Labor warning of Coalition cuts.
2) The Coalition’s paid maternity leave scheme is a costly promise which makes it a lot harder for the Coalition to substantially improve the bottom line. Jeremy is a support of PML. I am not. I am voting for the Coalition (LNP) in spite of this policy.
3) Jeremy assumes that Labor if re-elected won’t introduce any new spending that again blows the bottom line, when the last six years of profligacy show that this is almost uncertainly a completely false assumption. Remember when Labor promised to restrict real expenditure growth to 2% per annum? Remember when Labor promised to have a balanced budget over the business cycle? Remember when Labor promised a surplus in 2012/13? All of these promises have been flagrantly breached. Labor needs to be judged on its track record, not its promises.
4) The Coalition will in its first term have a commission of audit, which will allow it to implement savings in its second term.
I also loved this howler:
Are you really set on voting Liberal no matter what they do?
Because your power bills are up? Only a very tiny percentage of that has anything to do with the so-called “carbon tax” – 90% of it is because the states run by Tony Abbott’s party have let the power producers increase all their other charges
As a matter of fact, the carbon tax has been responsible for a large portion of recent increases. But Jeremy seems to be suggesting that state governments should require their own ‘power producers’ to run at a loss. In which case the taxpayer picks up the tab. So according to Jeremy, you should be glad if the state subsidises your power bills in order to prevent higher prices, even though you pay more in tax as a result.
Also amusing is Jeremy’s rather mild criticism of Labor:
Look, I agree that the ALP have been a disappointing government, blowing in the wind and fighting with each other.
Presumably if Labor hadn’t engaged in any infighting or ‘blowing in the wind’ they would have been a good government, in spite of the many Labor policy failures I outlined in my last post. Talk about looking at the most superficial things rather than policy.
Like Ray, Jeremy fails to acknowledge those debacles. This confirms my view that anyone saying that Labor should be re-elected would have to. The more you list the facts, the more it becomes obvious that Labor needs to lose.
But the facts have never been on the side of Greenies. That’s why Jeremy has been so easy to dominate in argument over the years.
I am glad to be able to share with our readers the result of a leak from within the ALP of the New Again Dear Leader’s visionary plans to relocate our entire Air force to a brand new location with a new global mission. Today at the debate with Tony Abbott the New Again Dear Leader will be announcing that our primary air base will be the international space station which the New Again Dear Leader has agreed to buy at a minuscule Billion billion dollars. and to pay for this great leap forward the New Again Dear Leader will be instituting a new tax on orgasms made possible by the interactive possibilities of smart phone technology ,twitter and the NBN.
Find below an extract from a draft the New Again Dear Leader’s opening speech also leaked to the Sandpit:
Friends we face the great challenge of just how we can be a global player in the affairs of the world when we are so isolated in the southern hemisphere and all of the great theatres of war are in the north, So to answer this global challenge there can be only one way that we can have the correct technological specificity and ensure that we have the most certain suck of the sauce bottle we have to nationalise the international space station and make it the forward operating base for our aircraft. Of course Mister Abbott will tell you that this can not be done and that we as a nation can not afford the cost of such a scheme but what else would you expect from the man who has been so negative? He has no vision and no understanding of the greatness that the Australian Labor Party can bring to this nation of ours.
Further on in the speech he explains just how the orgasm tax will work:
Its is well known that we are a nation of innovators and that is why this new O-tax will be such a screaming success, by implanting a sub-dermal micro chip under the skin of every Australian and linking their output to the NBN we will be able to tell when every Australian experiences orgasm and they will then be charged the minuscule sum of $5.68. to incentivise the nation there will be a discount for those who orgasm with the greatest frequency, so with 24 million Aussies reaching a crescendo of pleasure, pulling for the nation so to speak, on a regular basis we will very quickly accumulate enough funds to fund both the purchase the space station and the supporting infrastructure .
Being a man of political balance I have of course sought out a response from the leader of the opposition and a spokesperson for Tony Abbott told me this over the phone:
“Rudd is just projecting his masturbation fantasies here mate just as he is about moving the Navy north its all a load of rubbish about buying the space station however I do think the orgasm tax is a dinkum Idea from the New Again Dear Leader and its designed to drain the funds from the Greens who we all know are the biggest mob of wankers in the country …”
So in the end this is obviously the sort of nonsense that we can expect form a desperate regime who know that they are beaten and will promise the country the skies themselves even though they know and we know that they know that they are incapable of delivering any of their ever more fanciful wild promises.
- Space station astronauts to be provided with 3-D printer to make parts (spacemart.com)
- The International Space Station Just Passed Directly Over California’s Wildfire (theatlantic.com)
- Hot in the kitchen for Rudd (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- GM, NASA take first steps toward Terminator bot (reviews.cnet.com)
- See the International Space Station pass over Alabama tonight (al.com)
- Space Station Transits Sun 08-17-2013 (jarphys.wordpress.com)
- The International Space Station Just Passed Directly Over California’s Wildfire (kielarowski.wordpress.com)
- Round three: Kevin Rudd and Tony Abbott to debate again on Wednesday (theguardian.com)
- It’s the Internet…stupid. Labor NBN vs Coalition luddites. (thenwhatarewefightingfor.wordpress.com)
- Labor’s National Broadband Network ad oversimplifies its benefits (abc.net.au)