My interest in sport is, well, about less than Zero but I do find some of the machinations and politics of various codes rather amusing for the passions that they invoke. The rather neat way that Essendon have managed to find a way to keep James Hird in grocery money while he is suspended during 2014 would have to get a very big tick for ingenuity though:
Sir Humphrey Appleby would be beaming with absolute approval at this bit of nonsense. Personally I think that it proves for once and all that there is no sportsmanship once the spivs and lawyers get involved with sport.
- AFL comes out swinging over Hird (news.theage.com.au)
- Tania Hird takes aim at AFL (theage.com.au)
- Hird to get lump sum in pay deal with AFL (theage.com.au)
- Bombers set to face ‘several’ charges: Fahey (theage.com.au)
- The Essendon SAGA continues: (getrealaussierules.com)
- Hird has big win over AFL (news.theage.com.au)