This is good news indeed and shows how shallow and very hollow are the confected outrage over the non-rorts being cited by the desperate minions of the left. The Abbott government are travelling just as I have expected with little effort expended to be media darlings and it is paying off in respect form the people who clearly prefer prefer quiet competence and a focus on the business of good governance rather than the daily cycle of inane press release politics.
I heard today on the ABC radio that Labor are now more likely to concede the point on the carbon tax repeal, something that I have long predicted. this is of course the only sensible thing that they can do but my guess is that they will continue to act without the “cannyness ” that Bob Carr was chiding them for lacking. for the the sake of the country one can only hope that the Labor party continues on in its current style so they remain unelectable for a very long time.
Cheers Comrade Yale
- Abbott’s popularity grows: Newspoll (sbs.com.au)
- Tony Abbott Builds On Election Landslide: Newspoll – 28 October 2013 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- “Performance was marred by a lack of caution and political cunning.” or “not fit to rule” take two (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- In the internet age, a time when there are effectively no media islands any more (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- Coalition extends lead over Labor (heraldsun.com.au)
- Australia’s new gov’t vows to scrap carbon tax (bigstory.ap.org)
- PM to release carbon tax repeal law (skynews.com.au)