With the change of government comes a very big change of role for the Australian Labor Party they must get over their well deserved humiliating defeat and rally themselves to be an effective opposition and try to redeem themselves enough in the eyes of the voters to earn enough ticks on the green papers to once again do the “live at the Lodge” show.
Sadly for the true believers like our mate Ray instead of getting down to it they have hit the ground in a coma rather than even making any forward motion at all. There is only one person to blame and that is Kevin Rudd because his misguided attempt to “reform” the way that the parliamentary leader is chosen will mean that it will be weeks before we know who to laugh at as the ALP tries to look anything but silly.
The fourth estate has largely been made to look as irrelevant as they increasingly are and all that they have had to run on is the lack of vulvas in the Abbott cabinet, like who cares about the contents of the inner ministry’s underpants? I for one don’t want to see anything even approaching “affirmative action” in the way that key ministries are allocated. It has to be all about merit when it comes to picking who can sit on the big chairs or sexism wins. If being a man makes up the biggest qualification for high office its bad then so too is being a woman. Abbott has a good team here and their performance will vindicate his choice and we can leave the whining about the gender of cabinet ministers to the minions of the left.
- Where it all went wrong for Kevin Rudd and the Australian Labor party | Jeff Sparrow (theguardian.com)
- Kevin Rudd concedes defeat in Federal Election (sbs.com.au)
- Australia’s Labor set for party vote (bbc.co.uk)
- Call and Response (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- Bill Shorten to contest Australian Labor Party leadership (arunbabyveranakunnel.wordpress.com)
- Election 2013: The Morning After (aliciavrajlal.com)
- Meet Your Candidate: Wayne Swan (Australian Labor Party) (eyesonlilley.wordpress.com)
- PM Kevin Rudd concedes defeat in election (australiantimes.co.uk)
- Kevin Rudd concedes defeat in election (bigpondnews.com)
- Lacklustre Labor Launch, New Liberal TVC (iainhall.wordpress.com)