This blog has no trouble or problem with contrary viewpoints, in fact as site owner I just love hosting posts like Ray’s effort yesterday even though I absolutely disagree with the premise and execution of Ray’s argument. That is because unlike the sad and deluded Mr Taylor I both understand and respect political diversity. As one of the “right-wingers” he alludes to in his piece I have to totally disagree with his claims about a lack of logic or rhetorical rigour. I was banned from his blog because I had a habit of forensically dissecting the arguments of the regulars there and thus making their arguments look very silly indeed. You see Taylor is a perfect example of just why the left is losing the argument in this election. Put simply they don’t understand that they do not have a monopoly on virtue and that it takes generosity to have civil debate about issues of politics. I foresee a very dreary time in the next couple of weeks on the blogs of the left Heck we may even see a few of their stalwarts on suicide watch because its hard being on the losing side when you have been fighting the good fight in the lead up to the election (as I well recall from 2007 and 2010) Ah well it must be time to remind them that tomorrow is another day when they will have to face the defeat of a bad Labor government, So while they consider the pills and booze we more sensible “right-wingers” can enjoy the air-dance being performed by the left.
- Inside the Mind of a Right Winger – Part 1 (usualsyntax.wordpress.com)
- The mandatory tweets of the self-righteous vacillating centrist stats bore: a user’s guide (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Right-wingers aren’t all evil. For some reason this banal fact needs regular repeating (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Delingpole on Friday: Why there’s no point arguing with lefties. (bogpaper.com)
- Why Do Some People Really Seem To Hate Obama Care So Much? (americanliberaltimes.com)
- Want to Win a Political Debate? Try Making a Weaker Argument (psmag.com)