As i wait for this game to arrive in my PO box from the UK * I can’t help thinking that the launch trailer says a lot about the ALP campaign thus far. Right have you watched the trailer (this means you Ray 😉 )yet? The save the world speech, although laden with profanity very much reminds me of our new Again Dear Leader who would have the nation believe that Tony Abbott is an alien invader and that only he can save the country by putting his underpants on over his trousers and spreading the word that the nation will be destroyed under an Abbott government.
For a man who declared that he was opposed to negative campaigning we are seeing a great deal that is negative coming out of Team Labor but worse still we are seeing a great deal that is fake as well like the ads staring
It reminds me of several other campaigns run by the ALP over the last few years, like the one for which the built an expensive set that pretended to be an average Aussie Kitchen at the cost of many thousands of dollars to promote the Carbon tax compensation when they could have just used the real thing for just a couple of grand. Sadly this dedication to artifice and faux reality is all too common and you would think that given the clear intention to try to use social media in its campaign that the ALP would have grasped the fundamental importance of veracity when it comes to their advertising. Surely there must be some real people who are actually afraid of an Abbott government rather than a professional liar sprouting her lines for a fee.
Ah well that leads me to a question for our dear readers, which is to ask what political ads have struck you as being above average or real clangers. More importantly which ads do you think have been effective in selling their message?
*This little black duck does not want to have a censored version of the game ho hum…
- PM and Abbott to meet in people’s forum (bigpondnews.com)
- Kevin Rudd, Tony Abbott trade blows over attack ads as poll shows Labor in trouble (abc.net.au)
- Preaching to the unconverted (smh.com.au)
- Plants vs Zombie Rudd (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- Rudd ‘returns fire’ with negative Abbott adverts (smh.com.au)
- Labor targets Coalition’s ‘unfair’ paid parental leave scheme; Abbott says Rudd ‘doesn’t get it’ (abc.net.au)
- We will spend money more wisely: Abbott (news.smh.com.au)
- Rudd ‘returns fire’ with ads (canberratimes.com.au)
- Can Labor still win? Oh, yes (smh.com.au)
- Abbott slams ‘squalid’ ALP preference deal (news.theage.com.au)