Its entirely understandable that Labor true believers are feeling rather despondent at the moment because things are not looking good for the New Again Dear Leader as in the marginal seats where it really matters his support is evaporating away faster than metho on a hot day, soon all that will remain is the memory of that cool wetness and a faint wiff of alcohol in the air.
Until now i have been rather circumspect about calling the result at this early stage but i just feel it in my water that the result for Rudd is going to be a defeat of Queensland proportions with Labor reduced to an ignoble rump.
And that dear Comrades, is something to cheer.
- Analyst says Beattie won’t win Forde (bigpondnews.com)
- Election live: Abbott to stick knife into Greens, Rudd campaigns in Cairns (abc.net.au)
- Rudd, Abbott agree on majority govt (news.theage.com.au)
- Peter Beattie and that telling grin (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- Deakin, Labor’s most marginal seat: @SuDharmapala reports (nofibs.com.au)
- Liberal Party to preference Labor over Greens; move will put pressure on Adam Bandt (abc.net.au)
- How much is your vote worth? (politicaldeficit.com)
- Dreyfus boost from Rudd revival (theage.com.au)