On Thursday I had to get some last minute Easter supplies and having finished playing though GTA4 again I felt the need for something new to play so I bundled up a pile of old games and went into the local games shop where I traded in and put my money down for Bioshock Infinite and I have been playing it on and off since I got home on Thursday.
All that I can say is “wow” its a wonderful game with a bright and glorious visual style a fun game mechanic and a narrative that is totally engaging even though it is rather surreal and sometimes confusing you get totally sucked into the game universe where you have no trouble suspending belief and accepting a city that floats in the clouds, a girl who can tear open rifts in reality and that you explore, live and fight in a game world that is the epitome of swanky steam-punk chic.
Its a big ten out of ten from me
- Here Are All Of BioShock Infinite’s Secret Musical Covers (kotaku.com)
- 5 Reasons You Should Care About Bioshock Infinite (bluecoastlive.wordpress.com)
- The Art of Bioshock: Infinite Video Review (comichype.com)
- Rumor: Bioshock Infinite cost $200 million to make (gimmegimmegames.com)
- BioShock Infinite – review (guardian.co.uk)
- BioShock Infinite and games as edutainment (reviews.cnet.com)
- BioShock Infinite trailer tease shows steampunk cyborg (vg247.com)
- BioShock: Infinite “will live long in the memory of gamers”, says publisher (vg247.com)
- You Don’t Have To Beat BioShock Infinite To Unlock The Ultra-Hard 1999 Mode (kotaku.com.au)
- Bioshock Infinite Guide – How to Get All Eight Vigor Combinations and Achievements (expertscolumn.com)