Did you all miss me while I spent the last few days in the wet no man’s land disconnected from the world with no power Phone or internet? well I missed youse all!
Anyway Today’s little snippet is the story of the retirement of Robert McClelland from a safe seat no less :
Naturally I can’t help thinking that this will be the first of many “retirement” announcements from labor’s ranks as those members who have known the, err, “pleasures” of life in her majesty’s loyal opposition dread returning to that role after the coming election, Robert McClelland was a Rudd man and that must have had something to do with it as well now that our dear Brother Number One will never attain the primacy again, unless it is in the despair of a devastated post election ALP. Dare I suggest that like all smart rats Robert McClelland knows when the ship is taking on water?
The election dance begins
- Robert McClelland tipped to retire (news.smh.com.au)
- McClelland set to bail out of election (dailytelegraph.com.au)
- Robert McClelland confirms retirement (news.com.au)
- Robert McClelland confirms retirement (news.theage.com.au)
- Libs keen to contest Barton: Abbott (news.theage.com.au)
- McClelland to quit politics at next election (abc.net.au)