Talk about political stupidity and you really can’t go past the Australian Greens who only the other day were trying to spin their hard-line far left policies into a softer more palatable form that can flavoured to to appeal to the well meaning but politically disconnected and now they are endorsing the criminal behaviour of an anti-coal activist.
My mate Ray is spot on when he suggests that this is the sort of thing that will lose them more votes than it will gain them and I think that this may even consign then to the dustbin of history just that little bit sooner. No matter what happens to the Gillard regime at the next election it will be my greatest pleasure to see the decline in the Greens’ vote because that decline will be the result of a rise in the collective sanity of the Australian electorate.
- Don’t get fooled again by the Greens (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- The serious stuff dance off (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- Don’t make people vote: make them want to (abc.net.au)
- Govt retreats from environment plan (news.theage.com.au)
- Greens want to renegotiate mining tax (bigpondnews.com)
- Greens can’t hide loopy policies: Abetz (news.theage.com.au)
- “The Palestinian people have rights not just aspirations” (antonyloewenstein.com)