Another opinion poll and yet more disappointment for my good friends from the left in particular those who support the Loopy Greens must be most disappointed to see that the support for their party has dropped down into single digit figures which supports my contention that as a party their support has well and truly peaked. The report in today’s Oz lays it out for all to see.
It also seems to me that those who were seeing the previous improvement in Labor’s polling as a turning of the tide are most likely entirely wrong. Gillard is still in line for an absolute thrashing at the next election and I can’t see that her very big on aspiration but very light on for credibility education policy is going to help things along for the dark-side either. Oh I am sure that it may play well to the far left inverse snobbery mob who resent any money at all going to private schools. The fact that all of Labor’s scheme is unfunded and not due to start for years into the future just screams “spin” composed entirely of smoke and mirrors. Labor is still going to lose the next election, and lose significantly. Will their fell good attempts to showcase make much difference?
Hmm on the current trends they may save the odd chair or two but they are still likely to be sleeping on the floor after the next election.
Its all good Comrades
- Labor momentum stalls in latest Newspoll (news.theage.com.au)
- Gillard stuck in rut as Rudd battle looms large again (smh.com.au)
- Why education matters (politically): it’s Gillard’s last hope (crikey.com.au)
- Poll gives Labor glimmer of hope (smh.com.au)
- Julia Gillard, Naughty in the nineties? (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- Labor lift, coalition steady in Newspoll (news.theage.com.au)
- Worst is over for Labor, says PM (smh.com.au)
- No carbon tax lift for ALP – Newspoll (bigpondnews.com)