The rise and rise of cosmetic surgery as a consumer product never ceases to amaze me especially when it comes to some of the procedures that people will pay to have preformed upon themselves, often for the most facile reasons. This Branch of medicine is more about making money for its practitioners than really living up to the tenets of the Hippocratic oath. So when I see that someone is campaigning to try to ameliorate the worst excesses of this cohort of mutilators I take note here at The Sandpit:
There is as much variety in the form female genitals as there is in women’s faces and long may that be so. However I suspect that the culprit is actaully magazines and imagery that is produced for female consumption and the fashion industry in general which promotes some rather unhealthy ideas about beauty. Constantly suggesting that their is one unrealistic template for female perfection.
- Prosecute Female Genital Mutilation in the UK
- Pictures urged before genital surgery
- First sentencing for female genital mutilation
- Worldwide Specialist in Female Cosmetic Genital Surgery, Dr. Bernard H. Stern, Joins Sleek Surgical and MedSpa
- Female genital mutilation in Sudan
- Procedure Might Ease Pain of Female Genital Mutilation
- Why are we so Obsessed With Genital Mutilation ?
- Barbarity of the female genital mutilation
- 100,000 British women clitorectomized UK medics filmed offering female genital mutilation
- Cosmetic surgery has “me-too” effect among men
- Why is Female Genital Mutilation still happening…