Its rather apt that no matter how much cash the Gillard government throw around the polls remain in the wipe out zone. Any other government would be reconsidering their entire political agenda but we are not talking about any other government we are talking about the Gillard Labor Government who are the masters of only one thing, the self inflicted wedgie.
Hmm did anyone really expect that the cash splash of pre-emptive compensation for the despised Carbon tax would give the Gillard any bounce? Frankly it can’t be doing them any good if they have made the Carbon Tax into the contemporary equivalent of buggery in the age of Mr Wilde, “its the tax that dare not speak its name” if the Government ads are anything to go by. I’m sure that the advertising spin merchants who pitched the latest campaign had the right idea to down play the connection between the cash splash and the carbon tax but the way that they refuse to mention it at all just ads to the public perception that Gillard is a sneaky and deceptive political operator. That is of course the very last thing that she needs if she hopes to even improve Labor’s chances from dire to just very bad. Are there no wise heads in this government that are willing to point out the last thing the voters will tolerate is bullshit on an issue that is the very reason that Labor is despised?
- Abbott won’t repeal carbon tax: Gillard
- Carbon Cops: Educate or Else
- The Gillard government’s deliberately deceptive advertising
- Gillard steps up carbon price defence
- Julia Gillard’s $700m carbon tax sweetener
- When’s a good time to introduce a great big new tax?
- Firms that Mislead Customers on Carbon Tax Face Up to $1.1 Million Fine
- Australia Government’s ‘Cash Splash’ Aimed At Calming Carbon-Tax Fears
- Carbon Tax Worries Australian Businesses
- Team Abbott and Prophecies of Doom
- Ask not for whom the bell tolls Julia, it tolls for thee
- Sould Bill Shorten be on suicide watch?