Ah another day and another report of Labor disunity in the face of the increasingly incompetent Gillard Government.
Really who could blame any ALP MP for thinking of their personal political salvation with Labor’s fortunes sinking by the second under Gillard’s rule?
Of course the real problem for Labor is that if they use the same knives that they dispatched Rudd with then there is a very real chance that Gillard would just resign and bring down the government anyway. Such are the woes of minority government where remaining in office relies upon a nutty coalition of self serving independents, a disgraced ex Labor man and lets not forget the verdant religious zealotry of Adam Bandt as well. I suspect that Only Kevin Rudd is really eager to sip from the poisoned chalice and you know what? He may even save some of the furniture but we know that the nation will not be well governed again until we do away with this government at a proper election and then Labor can spend the time it needs to find itself while it sojourns in the political wilderness.
- Tallarook, Gillard, Rudd, Greece, Spain, Fukushima, Jo Chandler, and the sizzle of snags on a barbie
- Kevin Rudd, and the story of how he could have been the saviour of the nation, again, or not; a season end cliff-hanger for Labor
- Australian Politics – One Day The Labor Government Might Even Do What’s Too Late
- Rudd backers emerge as Gillard fights
- ‘I was dumped for backing Rudd’