To my mind this report in the Guardian is the epitome of bad reporting and that is because the headline is not in fact substantiated by the actual story in any meaningful sense at all.
When you read a headline claiming this:
Peter Gleick cleared of forging documents in Heartland expose
One would expect a few minor details like who has “cleared” him and on what basis that conclusion was reached.
Sadly all the good comrades at the Guardian offer in the entire piece is the vague sentence that I highlight in my screenshot below:
Struth that is as bad as saying his mum is sure that he didn’t do it and then reporting that as fact! Its truly bizzare and clearly ideological that this pudding should be so over egged in the cause of the Green religion, then again the faithful demand that their profits be seen as without sin even when their heartland is black with the pus of lies and deception.
- The shonky world of Guardian reporting – they Fakegate themselves
- Guardian Cleared Of Having Any Journalistic Integrity
- Will Climate Denial, Like, Ever End? (
- Monbiot: Gleick should not have apologized
- Heartland Institute: an update