Things are crook in Tallarook as the whole world seems to be in a worrying spin of decline and crisis.Close to home it looks like Ray’s hopes of a love resurrection for Labor may be on very rocky ground indeed with polling now showing that his blessed Kevin Rudd would not hold his seat at the next election:
But there’s more as the expected crisis in the euro zone is coming to a pustular head as panic stricken Greeks and Spaniards attempt to protect their savings by withdrawing their money from the banks which is precipitating the gamblers on the stock market to likewise run screaming from the markets:
Meanwhile Brendan O’Neil explains to us just why the Green panic about Nuclear energy is hurting Japan in a far more serious way than the tsunami disaster at Fukushima with more set to die in Japan’s sweltering summer than met their end as a result of the reactor crisis.
Closer to home though it seems that Jo Chandler has been busy following the Fuzzy Wuzzy twitter-verse again as she gives us a rather patronising exposition of PNG politics where she waxes lyrically about the potential for “activists” to influence the results of the election through social networking. Maybe someone should explain to her that maybe good governance and an end to endemic corruption might just be more efficacious to that country rather than more idiots taking to Twitter:
Well that’s what I have found on this morning’s trawl of the world’s news and views. Not quite sure that I can do better in terms of unifying this into something that is internally consistent as an argument beyond my initial observation that “Things are crook in Tallarook” But then that is just the way that I see things this morning. On a brighter note I’m off to a Barbie at the other end of the known universe (Cleveland ) today which should be a nice day out in my sports car with my daughter .
- Debt crisis: as it happened May 17, 2012
- If It Smells Like Panic, Looks Like Panic, & Sounds Like Panic – It’s Probably Panic
- Remembering Fukushima! (Video and links)
- China mainland tour group to head for Fukushima, 1st since disaster
- Japan urges cuts in power usage
- PM Gillard Says Kevin Rudd is Free to Talk
- Labor facing extinction in Rudd’s home state
- Government in a shambles
- Police investigate leaked Kevin Rudd video
- Police investigate Kevin Rudd swearing video
- Labor’s best hope is Rudd: backers
- Jo Chandler – “Gunboat diplomacy stirs hornet’s nest under blogs” or a storm in a teacup
- Thomson & Slipper sagas – is Gillard teetering on the edge?
- Sugar hits, Gillard, Swan and a sense of humour.