In the game of politics there comes a point when no amount of “cleverness” is going to save a governemnt and its not at all surprising that The Gillard government continues its slide into political oblivion. If Labor was ever going to get a bounce from the showering of government largess upon the public it should have been evident by now. Sure some of the ALP faithful will be insisting that its the day that the money hits people’s pockets that will bring some bounce for this beleaguered regime but I don’t think that it will because in the age of EFT magically making money appear in your account even large deposits can easily go unnoticed.
The way that Labor’s fortunes are going they had better go to the polls soon while the swing is only 8% because the longer that they wait the worse things seem to get.
Here is a left field idea just imagine that Craig Thompson decides that he has had enough of being the most hated man in parliament and he finally does the right thing and resigns his seat bringing down the whole rotten edifice of this very bad government. Gillard and Labor would be spared the whole shallow pretence that they could win the election and they try instead to save face by fighting a clean campaign free from the “Abbott Abbott Abbott” scaremongering……
OK some of that scenario is unrealistic but the way things are going it may just happen
- A beautiful morning and a contemplation of just how a fish rots when that fish is the Gillard government.
- Craig Thompson
- Labor’s leadership quagmire
- CAN’T BUY A VOTE: Gillard looms as biggest loser in Budget backlash
- DOBELL OR NOTHING: Labor admits it foots Thomson’s legal bills
- Richo,the gangrenous limb and memebers of the the rub and tug profession.
- The question that Gillard has to ponder: Is it better to face execution with dignity or do you want to be dragged kicking and screaming to the gallows?
- Oh happy Queensland day
- Anna Bligh, a Mark Latham moment, and the beginning of the end for the Queensland Labor Government.
- Thomson & Slipper sagas – is Gillard teetering on the edge?
- Intellectual dishonesty @ The Age … or just stupid?
- It’s no longer about the majority, it’s about integrity
- The problems with Labor