Its with some sadness and wry amusement that I discover that another blog is going quietly into the long goodnight. and unlike the one that Ray and I saw disappear the other week this one was actaully not that bad bad any standard, it was always a creature of teh left and quite often as silly as any blog of that persuasion but it also sometimes published interesting and thought provoking pieces in a very grown up style. During the last year or so it has lost heart to some extent driven by the failure of the Labor governemnt here in Queensland and the imminent failure of Labor at a federal level seems to have emasculated its willingness to critique politics in this country, what can a leftist say when those in power are of the left and fucking things up at every level? there is only so much excuse making that can be done before a profound depression sets in and that is what I think has happened at LP. Anyway check out the excuses made for its closure from Mark Bahnisch :
Anyway here is the most apt song that I can think of in the light of this news.
Well I suppose that it jusrt means that those of us with more staying power in the blogging game will just have to step up and provide the topics and the venue for debate about the issues that matter.
- The highest urination up the wall game when it comes big sporting events (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- Oh happy Queensland day (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- The end of the Bligh(t) on Queensland governement is so close that we can taste it (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- Lets thank Campbell Newman for saving us from dreary poetry (iainhall.wordpress.com)
- The Bewdy!!! (Labor) mates way of doing deals in Queensland. (iainhall.wordpress.com)