November 05, 2007
EIGHT boys who have pleaded guilty over the filming of a 17-year-old girl being sexually assaulted have avoided custodial terms.
The girl was filmed performing oral sex on two boys, had her hair set alight, was spat at and urinated on during the incident at a park at Werribee, in Melbourne’s outer-west, in June last year.
Today at a children’s court, a judge ordered all the boys to participate in a program for male adolescents about positive sexuality.
He placed six of the boys on youth supervision orders and all except one youth had convictions recorded against them.
Two of the boys were placed on probation for 12 months.
The judge told the boys they treated the victim in a cruel and callous manner. He described their behaviour as cowardly and brutal and said their offences were a serious breach of the criminal law.
He said that if it was not for their guilty pleas they would have been at “significant risk” of serving time in youth detention.
He said he also took into account they had no prior convictions and their youth.
The eight teenagers – aged between 15 and 17 at the time of offending – pleaded guilty to charges of procuring sexual penetration by intimidation, one of making child pornography and one of assault.
Totally disgusted with this result .
Angry, Comrades, very angry….